I suggest you ...

Offer a license for on-site or government-cloud hosting

Federal government agencies are often precluded from using SAAS or other private cloud-based services unless such services have gone through a long and involved certification process [ see https://www.fedramp.gov/ ]. If a small publisher offers a way for the government to host the capability directly or via an already FedRAMP approved cloud service, things happen much more easily and quickly.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dave Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our IT group identified that the certificates used on the New Boardthing are outdated (not commonly used in the currently advanced internet browsers) and therefore the Government security policy will not allow us access. Until Boardthing updates to the latest certificate technology, it may continue to be inaccessible to Government computer users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team loved working with the pilot version of Boardthing and I also used it with a number of other inter-agency and inter-departmental teams, special interest groups, etc. ..The new platform has created certification issues which is restricting assess for internal teams and even if I could get around that we need a Federal vehicle to purchase a license to use the product. I would love to see a government-cloud hosting vehicle that we could access. As our teams become more virtual... resources like this are vital to collaboration!

• AdminKevin Hoffman (Admin, Boardthing) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dave - thank you for this suggestion! We're actually interested in exploring both options as our project matures. Would you be open to helping us understand the pros and cons of either approach further, via a short online chat? Probably not in the near future, but we'll get back to you post launch.

Feedback and Knowledge Base