I suggest you ...

Allow import to create cards with specifying color

I am looking to use this more for release planning. I can export stories in text or CSV format get them all placed as cards. Then I can work with team to create visual release plan export in PDF and put it on my team wall. I can export and then get the plan translated into JIRA by putting respective team value. Since the number of stories in JIRA will be high it will be duplication to type all of them in Boardthing

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Meenakshi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same need as Claire.
        This tool is awesome, but needs a way to import a file to get cards into the board.
        I do a lot of research which results in transcripts that I edit and code to create datapoints. I currently import these datapoints into Excel or Google Sheets (if I need to collaborate on the affinity mapping) and use the cells as a way to affinity map the data.
        This tool is much more aligned to the physical method of affinity mapping, as it supports the free placement of cards in infinite space, it's just lacking the ability to import rather than manually create the cards.
        An example of this import is Optimal Sort, but they, like Trello, have fixed positions for the cards, and so I currently find spreadsheets to be a better solution.
        The only thing I would be concerned about is that the board can handle the weight of the datapoints. I'm often working with well over 1000 datapoints, could this system handle that?
        Anyway, great product, just need to import to remove the burden of manual data entry.

• Claire L Moller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to export research findings to cards and then collaborate with colleagues by doing affinity mapping with the cards.

Feedback and Knowledge Base