I suggest you ...

Have a way to draw boxes and arrows to connect groups of cards

I want to be able to create groups of cards the way I would on a white board, by drawing a box around them. And to show when a group of cards is a sequence or alternatives

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Whitney shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Enjoying the pen tool .. however some lines are disappearing when I go to the list of boards then back into a specific board.

• Nikhil commented  · 

Pen tool is nice... but adding a new card erases all the pen tool markings

• Graham Stinson commented  · 

Being able to establish multiple relationships between cards and groups of cards would be stellar, like this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bryce/55749985/

Obviously this is a heavily designed view, but expanding BoardThing to connect cards to each other would be a humongous help to planning out our projects conceptually. The same kind of tool you'd use for flow sketching would probably work fine. Thanks!

• Michael Lang commented  · 

I find myself sketching flows often as part of my software design process and have wished often that there was a lightweight online tool for doing this collaboratively with my team (that's spread geographically across the US). A pen feature would probably be enough for me. One way or another, if I could just put arrows on the canvas, I think this would be close enough to a virtual whiteboard for my team, whether they were connectors between the boxes or simply marks on the canvas.

• Ryan Davis commented  · 

I think I'm looking something very similar... I'm interested in using this tool for on-the-fly affinity diagramming using a KJ analysis process. See http://syque.com/quality_tools/tools/TOOLS04.htm for a graphical picture. Essentially, I want to group, like what Boardthing can do, but I want to be able to arrange sub-headers adjacent to one another, rather than being stacked vertically, which Boardthing forces me to do now..

Can you make Boardthing make the notes be able to arranged as in "Fig. 1 Affiniity Diagram components" in this link: http://syque.com/quality_tools/tools/TOOLS04.htm

Thank you,

Ryan

• alberta soranzo commented  · 

Would be nice to also be able to nest cards under one another, creating not only relationships but also hierarchies and/or groupings of cards.

• Dave Malouf commented  · 

I was about to add a similar comment and my clarification would be is that I want the cards to have a connection to one another. I.e. if I move one card, all the connected cards move together. This isn't just a visual connection, but a relationship that I'm trying to create in the card structure. Part of this is like mind mapping tools.

• AdminDave Gray (Co-founder, Boardthing) commented  · 

If you had a pen tool that you could use to draw with, like you could on a whiteboard, would that work?

I don't understand what this means: "to show when a group of cards is a sequence or alternatives"

Feedback and Knowledge Base