I suggest you ...

Allow multiple cards to be selected and moved all at once

Their relative positions should be preserved... This could be done by dragging a selection box, or holding CTRL or SHIFT and clicking each cards... Actually having both would be ideal. (So that a bunch can be selected and then singles removed)

I suppose this would also mean you have to highlight in some way the cards that are selected vs. not selected...

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robert Best shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminMichael Ramos (Admin, Boardthing) responded  · 

Happy New Year Boardthing Users,

As 2015 comes to a close, Dave, Gareth and I would like to wish you a Happy New Year of productivity, collaboration, and success in 2016.

The reason I am writing tonight is to close a couple tickets in our Feedback Forum. This particular ticket was a high value ticket and if you don’t already know this functionality has been around since late June 2015.

You can now select and move move multiple cards at once.

I know, I know I am late telling you but now is a great time to see some of the other cool things we have added since you last heard from us. You beta user account is still active so check out: www.boardthing.com

As I close out some other tickets you may get several other messages from me. Please know I am not spamming, I am simply preparing for a great 2016.

I hope you look forward to next year because we are ramping up production and prepared to make Boardthing your go to app for all things collaboration and brainstorming.

Thanks for trusting us.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fred Beecher commented  · 

Enthusiastic support for this idea from me too! It's my one and only frustration with Boardthing.

In addition to moving groups, it would be great if we could make changes to cards en masse, like changing the color of a group of selected cards all at once.

• AdminDave Gray (Co-founder, Boardthing) commented  · 

Thanks James. This is definitely on our roadmap. In the meantime, you may be able to hack this by using the "Save a copy" command (access from the settings icon at the top of your board). This will allow you to save a copy of a board and all it's cards.

• James commented  · 

If, in addition to selecting multiple cards, we could copy them to other boards, that would be excellent.

Example: I'm planning to use Boardthing to run an online "Table-Top" Role-Playing Game for my old gaming group (we no linger live within driving distance). I need to have two boards: One for plotting and planning my ideas (The Game Master Board) and the board that my Players will see and interact with during the game.

As it stands, everything I put on the GM board has to be copied one by one onto the Player board, and I can't copy Groups. The ability to highlight and copy large segments of my GM board would make this much easier.

Feedback and Knowledge Base