I suggest you ...

Collaboration bugs

Testing collaboration in 2 different browsers on the same Mac (signed in as user on Chrome & as guest on Safari), seeing a few bugs:
- Grouping cards in one view sometimes confuses the other view, leading to different group orders and even loss of a group on one end
- Dot voting numbers get out of sync
- Dot voting in one group allowed voting on individual cards, but in another group voting on one card raised the count on all cards in the group

Not sure if this has anything to do with running on the same machine, although I would expect this to work?

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gene shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kathryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I experienced the same collaborating issues with grouping. I asked two colleagues to open from shared link so we could see across three computers whether collaboration was working - in Chrome on Macbook Pro (OSX). Moving cards worked fine, renaming cards showed up fine but whenever someone created a group it didn't show up on the other two computers. (Didn't try dot voting.) So what we were all seeing was very different once anyone started grouping. The only way to get them back in sync seemed to be to ask everyone to refresh - but I only knew to do that as I could see all three in front of me, would be tricky to know in remote collaboration context.

• Bettina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

We just tested the collaboration capabilities of Boardthing (cross browser and cross platform), because we wanted to use Boardthing for a project with remote participants. All seemed to be working perfectly with exception for Grouping cards, which is important to have.

We tested in Chrome (Mac OS) and Chrome (Windows). When anyone of us grouped cards, the groups would not show up for the other person. Features in groups were not accessible due to the above mentioned problem.

• Fernando Heller Vajda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I may add:

- Sometimes the votes don't add up well.
    - Once voting ends, the results are not consistent with the numbers during the voting period.

• Gene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Refreshing the browser window or exiting the board and re-opening it seems to get things back in sync most times, but not always.

Feedback and Knowledge Base